Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome!

A new venture to keep me entertained in my less busy hours... I'm looking forward to good times each week as we give Dinner Meet a try! Our first Dinner Meet will be next Wednesday, August 12th. Thai food will be on the menu, and I'm excited to have people over to try out some of my favorite recipes. I'll definitely be posting the recipes and pictures from the event here, so stay tuned!

More info excerpted from my initial feeler email to some friends below. The first week's participants have filled up, but let me know if you'd like to join for future Meets!

Basically, once a week, a group of us meet up to cook and consume dinner together (usually a 2-course meal). One person is responsible per week for being the Head Chef, bringing the recipe(s), purchasing the ingredients, and bringing them over to the dinner site. The rest of the group will help with food preparations – washing veggies, chopping, cooking, dish washing, etc. Everyone that comes brings $10 for dinner costs, except for the Head Chef. The money will be used to pay back the Head Chef for food costs and any leftover money will be kept in the treasury for future meals. (That way, we might be able to squeeze in fancier meals for future Dinner Meets.)

I’d like to limit participation to a maximum of 8 people per dinner to make it easier for the Head Chef, so spots will be first come first served. (At least for this first one. I’m thinking for future weeks, preference might be given to those who haven’t been to one and/or have attended fewer dinners than others.)

Cooking will start at 7pm, and we’ll aim to eat by 8:30pm (at the latest!). I’ll also set up a blog that will highlight the recipes we use that week along with pictures of our efforts so that those who couldn’t join for the week can still try out the recipes on their own.

2 comments:

  1. rotflmao, Diana! (There, I posted a comment like you asked.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unsolicited comment. This is great! Diana, you are a jewel.

    ReplyDelete