Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thai Night - success!

Our first Dinner Meet took place last night, and it was a success! Yummy food, great company - I hate to be cliché, but what more can you ask for?

On the menu was Thai food, featuring

- Green chicken curry
- Pork laab
- Pad see ew
- Mango with coconut sticky rice

I'll update the blog in the next day or two with individual blog posts of the recipes. We made a few modifications to the recipes since we were cooking for eight, so I'll need to update the recipes to include those. Also, what I love about Thai recipes is that they are very forgiving in terms of actual ingredient amounts that you include; really, it's all about adjusting the taste to suit your preferences by putting more (or less) of preferred flavors into the dish. Hopefully, the recipes I'm including here will give you a great starting foundation for creating these dishes in your home. :)

The evening started off a bit hectic, especially since I got home barely ten minutes before my first guest arrived. (Work's been super crazy this week!) As people arrived, I pointed them to the recipes, and off they went - chopping, stirring, tasting, until we finally had ourselves a nice mid-week feast to consume at the dinner table. Everything tasted great, but I think the most enjoyable part was, of course, the company.

Thanks for coming out, everyone, and I hope to see you for dinner again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment