Friday, August 21, 2009

"New Asian" Cuisine

This week, we were at Walter's to cook some of his favorite dishes. He had already made a batch of the Braised Beef Short Ribs with Baby Carrots ahead of time since that dish required a few more hours on the stove than the others, but some of us did get to start up another batch just to try out the "recipe". (I put that in quotes since Walter actually didn't have recipes on hand at the time, and we were really just asking him for instructions with each step. He gave them to me post dinner though, so I'll be posting those shortly!) The Pan-Seared Salmon Fillets with Garlic and Basil were surprisingly easy to prepare, and we may have put a bit more peppercorn than was necessary into the Napa Cabbage with Sichuan Peppercorn dish - as it was being stir-fried, most of us started sneezing! :-) For dessert, we made Almond Rochers from the Tartine recipe book - they were delicious!

Thanks for coming, everyone. It was great meeting up with some people I hadn't seen in more than 5 years, people I hadn't met before, and people I've seen more regularly. What an awesome mix of people for the Dinner Meet! Hope everyone had a great time, and I'll look forward to seeing you at the next one! Also, a big thank you to Walter for hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment