Friday, September 4, 2009

Chaat

This was a suprisingly easy appetizer packed with a lot of flavor. Beware - those little balls are quite spicy, but paired with the cool yogurt on the side, the taste has your mouth coming back for more. Yummy yummy in my tummy. I think I might have filled up my tummy with a lot of this before I even got to the entrees!

Here's Bhumi's recipe below (with my own comments in parentheses):

Ingredients:

1 large Potato, boiled and diced

1 small red onion, chopped

1 tomato, chopped

1 cup yogurt

Chaat Masala to taste, optional (this comes in a package in powder form)

Chaat (the little ball things; I thought they looked like mini-Kix)


Instructions:

1. Mix all the ingredients together except yogurt and chaat masala.


2. Blend yogurt with ½ cup of water and add some chaat masala. Serve the chaat with yogurt sauce as a dressing on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment