Thursday, December 17, 2009

Potato Latkes

It's been a long time since my last post - apologies! I'm finding time now, as the holiday season starts up, to post these recipes from a month ago. You have here a potato latkes recipe that I first tried for a quick dinner. I later introduced this to the Dinner Meet crowd. Quick, delicious, and with a short list of vital ingredients - I think I might start putting this into my regular cooking rotation! The below recipe serves 2-3 people.

Ingredients:
2 cups peeled and grated potatoes
3 tbsp grated onion
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp all-purpose flour or Matzo ball flour
1 tsp salt (slightly less than a full tsp)
1/2 cup canola or peanut oil


Method:
1. In a medium bowl, stir potatoes, onion, egg, flour, and salt together.

2. In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form quarter-inch to half-inch thick patties. Brown on one side, flip, and brown the other side. Let the finished patties drain on paper towels. Serve hot with applesauce, chopped chives, and/or sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment