Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Night of Pasta (and Sauces)

Not that I was expecting a disaster or anything, but fresh pasta was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I'll save more commentary on that for the fresh pasta blog entry. However, just wanted to get it out there - all you whiners about fresh pasta taking forever - no it doesn't! At least it doesn't if you use a handy dandy KitchenAid stand mixer pasta roller/cutter attachment. Jeebus, that is one sweet set to have around the kitchen.

Aside from my awe with the stand mixer attachment, I was also tickled to see how all nine of us were able to swarm in a happy chaotic mess around the tiny kitchen of our apartment and yet still manage to create such deliciousness in the form of three different pasta sauces and fresh pasta noodles. (Trang, bless her heart, worked on the bruschetta and tiramisu ahead of time.)

Anyway, it sure was a fun Dinner Meet - thanks ever so much for hosting, Trang!


No comments:

Post a Comment